Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2020 Hagan Scholarship
"Helping Rural Students Graduate College Debt Free"
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship. The scholarship is designed to help recipients graduate college debt free. The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester for up to 8 consecutive semesters.Over 400 new scholarships will be awarded in April 2020.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must attend an eligible public high school.
- Must be a student in the high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a 3.75 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Must score 24 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score); or 1,150 or higher on the SAT (Total Score).
- Must enroll at an eligible four year college or university the fall semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of each academic year of college.
- Must complete the FAFSA in 2019. EFC must be less than $6,500.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
For more information and to access the Hagan Scholarship Application, please visit https://www.haganscholarships.org/.
The Application Deadline is 6:00 PM EST, November 15, 2019.
(The link will be removed at that time.)
2020 Miami University Governor's Scholarship
Full-Tuition Award for Ohio's Top Students
- Miami University will select a top scholar from each of Ohio's 88 counties to receive the university's new Governor's Scholarship, an award that will cover recipients' full tuition and fees beginning with the 2020 academic year. (One scholarship will awarded to a senior from Jackson County.)
- For priority consideration, students should apply for admission by December 1 - no additional scholarship application is necessary.
- Scholarships will be based primarily on academic performance, but financial need also will be considered.
Apply to Miami University by December 1, 2019 to be considered for the Governor's Scholarship.
(Apply to Miami University via the Common Application)
2020 University of Rio Grande District Counselor Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.20 along with a minimum ACT score of a 21 is required for qualification for this scholarship.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- Along with the application, students are required to submit a resume stating any academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, employment history, and any special skills or accomplishments.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation letters (not to include the high school guidance counselor)
- The essay should not exceed two (2) typed, double spaced pages.
- You can choose either topic: 1.) If you were chosen as the recipient of this scholarship, how impactful would this be to your college career? or 2.) You have been gifted $10,000 to make a difference in your community. How would you use the cash gift and why?
2020 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship
Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate study and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board. In addition, Scholars are invited to participate in a special awards program and receive ongoing leadership-development support.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- be citizens of the United States of America;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible); and
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
Semifinalists will be required to provide a recommendation from a community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official or executive director of a nonprofit organization, and must provide documentation to certify academic performance and financial need. Finalists will be interviewed via Skype or telephone by a member of the selection committee.
For more information and to apply, please go visit https://www.reaganfoundation.org/education/scholarship-programs/ge-reagan-foundation-scholarship-program/
Scholarship Deadline: January 3, 2020