Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2018-2019 Bellisio Foods Scholarship
Scholarship provided through the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
Applicants for the Bellisio Foods Scholarship must be dependent children of a current employee in good standing for at least one year, including biological children, legally adopted children, children placed with employees for adoption, stepchildren, and any children for whom an employee is the legal guardian; grandchildren of employees, regardless of dependent status, also qualify. Employees may be at any U.S. location of Bellisio Foods.
- Candidates must be pursuing post-secondary education, full or part-time, at an accredited vocational or technical training program, community college, or four-year college in the U.S.
- Candidates must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.00 scales.
- Assistance is not intended for pursuit of advanced degrees (e.g. master's degree).
- Dependents and grandchildren of senior executives are excluded.
Awards: Scholarship awards are determined by number of applicants.
To download the scholarship guidelines and application, please click here.
The application becomes valid only when the completed application has been submitted, postmarked or emailed on or before November 15, 2018.
FAO reserves the right to process only applications complete as of the application postmark deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact FAO at 740-753-1111.
2019 Elks Most Valuable Student Contest
Since 1931, the Elks National Foundation (ENF) has helped thousands of students who need financial assistance fulfill their dreams of attending college. Most Valuable Student (MVS) scholars are outstanding students who are at or near the top of their classes, active in their schools and communities, and recognized as leaders by their peers.
The ENF awards 2.44 million annually in MVS scholarships to 500 high school seniors nationwide. The first- and second-place awards are among the largest scholarships provided by any major fraternal or service organization.
Eligibility: Any high school senior who is a U.S. citizen may apply for an MVS scholarship.
Applications will be judged on: *Scholarship, *Leadership and *Financial Need
Selection: The selection of winners begins at the local Lodge level (Jackson #466) and continues through District, State and National judging. The top 20 finalists are invited to attend the Leadership Weekend in Chicago, April 26-29, 2018, to interview for top awards.
How to Apply: Apply online at enf.elks.org/mvs
Please note: Indicate Jackson Lodge #466 when asked on the application.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online on or before November 15, 2018.
2019 University of Rio Grande District Counselor's Scholarship
Four Year Full Tuition Scholarship to URG
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.20 along with a minimum ACT score of a 21 is required for qualification for this scholarship.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills and Ohio Valley Christian Schools).
- The highest qualified applicant will receive a four year full tuition scholarship to the University of Rio Grande.
- Along with the application, students are required to submit a resume stating any academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, employment history, and any special skills or accomplishments.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation letters (not to include the high school guidance counselor)
- An essay on the following topic, "Describe how you have demonstrated leadership skills, in and out of school." The essay should not exceed two (2) typed, double spaced pages.
To download an application, please click here.
Please mail the above requirements to: University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College - Office of Admissions, Attn: Taylor Noel, P.O. Box 500, Rio Grande, OH 45674.
Deadline: The completed application must be received by Taylor Noel in the Admissions Office by December 3, 2018. Students are responsible for mailing their own applications for this scholarship.
2019 Children's Defense Fund Beat the Odds Scholarship
The Children’s Defense Fund-Ohio Beat the Odds® scholarship program honors outstanding high school students who have overcome tremendous adversity, demonstrated academic commitment and given back to their communities.
To apply, please go to https://cdfohio.org/programs/beat-the-odds/
Deadline is December 8, 2018.