Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2021 University of Rio Grande District Counselor Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.20 along with a minimum ACT score of a 21 is required for qualification for this scholarship.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- Along with the application, students are required to submit a resume stating any academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, employment history, and any special skills or accomplishments.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation letters (do not to include the high school guidance counselor)
- The essay should not exceed two (2) typed, double spaced pages with 12 point font.
- You can choose either topic: 1.) If you could give advice to yourself as an incoming high school freshman, what would you say? Would you do anything different? or 2.) "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."-Nelson Mandela. Describe how you plan to use your education to make a change in the world. Tell us about how you would plan to make that change,and what obstacles you might encounter along the way.
2021 University of Rio Grande Jake Bapst Scholarship
Two Year Full Tuition Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2020-2022 academic year.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- All applications will be considered when selecting the top recipients.
- List your school involvement (including clubs, organizations, teams, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- List your community involvement (including charities, church organizations, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- Minimum 500 words response, double spaced, 12 point font. You can choose either topic: 1.) If you were chosen as the recipient of this scholarship, how impactful would this be to your college career? or 2.) When you look back on your life in 20 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What people, things, accomplishments are needed? How does this scholarship fit into your plans for the future?
2021 Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperatives (REC) Scholarships
- First-place Buckeye REC award: $2,000
- Second-place Buckeye REC award: $1,500
- Third-place Buckeye REC award: $800
- Fourth-place Buckey REC award: $500
To be eligible for the Buckeye REC, Inc. Scholarship Awards, the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applications:
- Applicants must be a son, daughter, or legal ward of a Buckeye REC, Inc. residential member living on the lines and receiving service at the time of competition.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors who have all basic credits for college, or proper vocational, or technical school entrance. (A "proper vocational or technical school" is defined as a post-secondary institution where credits can be transferred to a state-accredited four-year )
- Applicants in both divisions must have a current career average of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standing on a nontraditional scale. Winners must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college in order to claim their scholarship. Applicants, who are accepted and then enrolled in an accredited school of nursing, working toward a degree, are also eligible.
- Applicants may not be immediate family members of, or reside with, people who are employed by any electric cooperative in Ohio (employees, trustees, managers, OEC, or affiliated organizations such as Buckeye Power,, Inc., RESCO, Cardinal Operating Company, etc.).
- Applications for the Buckeye REC, Inc. competition must be submitted (typed to be accepted) on the forms provided by Buckeye REC, Inc. or downloaded from www.buckeyerec.coop. Application forms must be returned to the co-op office by Friday, February 5, 2021. Application information must be confined to the official nomination form. The only attachments permitted are transcripts, teacher recommendations and one photo of the applicant. (Teacher recommendations must be no more than 500 words.)
- Applicants who have received "full ride" scholarships (tuition, room, board, and books) to the schools of their choice are not eligible for scholarships from Buckeye REC, Inc.
- All scholarships must be accepted in the first academic year after proof of enrollment is received. However, an extension of one year may be granted for just cause in the judgment of the president of In the event a student is unable to fulfill his enrollment obligation under this program, the award is forfeited.
- Personal interviews will be conducted with selected The applicants will receive points for scholastic record, personal achievement, school and community activities. Points will also be awarded for poise, personality and appearance in the interview. Finalists are not permitted to bring any outside materials to their interviews (electronic presentations, props, handouts, etc.).
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible after One winner will be chosen to represent Buckeye REC, Inc. in the statewide scholarship competition where he or she will compete for additional scholarships. Eligibility requirements apply. Contact the cooperative for details.
For more information, please go to https://www.buckeyerec.coop/index.php/scholarships/
To access the Application forms, please click here.
To access the Rules & Regulations page, please click here.
MAIL OR DELIVER THE APPLICATION AND ATTACHMENTS TO:Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.4548 SR 325, P.O. Box 200Rio Grande, OH 45674-0200Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
Deadline: Applications must be postmarked by Friday, February 5, 2021.