Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2020 "Be Bold" No-Essay Scholarship
Award Amount: $10,085
At Bold.org, we believe that the world will be shaped by the bold—the fighters, the risk-takers, the earnest overachievers who won’t take no for an answer—the ones who know that a mountain is climbed a step at a time.
Bold.org is built for students, like you, who are determined to make the climb.
As you join the Bold.org platform, you get the opportunity to showcase your goals, achievements, and drive to scholarship panels via your student profile.
The $10,000 “Be Bold” Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile.
To us, boldest does not mean “best”, or “most accomplished”. Being bold means being:
The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.
Furthermore, the scholarship will be unique in that it will favor students who apply earlier—who are bold and seize the day without procrastinating.
Students at any education level, school, field of study, and GPA will be considered.
Scholarship Deadline: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
2021 High School Heisman Scholarship
Criteria For Application
- Students whose senior year of high school is the 2020–2021 academic year, graduating with the class of 2021.
- Students who have at least a weighted “B” grade average (3.0 GPA) during grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Students who participate in at least one of 47 Heisman High School Scholarship recognized sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee or the National Federation of State High School Associations.
- Students who have participated in volunteer service, community involvement or leadership within his/her school or community.
- Students who are a resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (D.C.).
To apply, please visit: https://heismanscholarship.com/about/application-scholarship-rules/
Scholarship Deadline: October 20, 2020 @ 6:00 PM ET.
2021 Horatio Alger Scholarship
$25,000 - (106 Awards)
Description and Eligibility:
As one of the nation's largest need-based college scholarship programs in the country, the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs specifically assist high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. While many programs are directed primarily to recognizing academic achievement or leadership potential, the Horatio Alger Association seeks students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need.
To be eligible to apply for any of the Horatio Alger Undergraduate Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2021 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
To apply, please visit: https://scholars.horatioalger.org/login/
Scholarship Deadline: October 26, 2020 @ 12:00 PM EDT (Noon)
2021 Coca-Cola Scholarship
The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation supports more than 1,400 exceptional college students each year, with annual scholarships of $3.55 million awarded through 3 nationally recognized programs.
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 32nd class in 2020, the Foundation has provided over 6,300 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $72 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. Our application is open!
To Apply: Please visit https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/
Scholarship Deadline: October 31, 2020