Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2020 United States Junior Chamber International (JCI) Senate Foundation Scholarship
Each year, the U.S. Junior Chamber International (JCI) Senate Foundation grants $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who plan to continue their education at accredited post-secondary colleges, universities or vocational schools. The number of grants awarded annually is at the discretion of the Foundation and must be used for educational expenses in the first year of full-time study. Checks awarded will be made out in the name of the recipient and the educational institution of the recipient’s choice.
For more information concerning this scholarship and to download an application, please visit: http://www.usjcisenate.org/scholarship-program
Scholarship Deadline: Postmarked by January 24, 2020
2020 Ohio Township Association (OTA) Scholarship
Student must be a U.S. citizen; reside in an Ohio township; and plan to attend a two or four year Ohio college or university in the fall of 2020. Students may apply for both scholarships; however, applications and accompanying materials must be submitted in two separate envelopes. Students may only be awarded one scholarship.
Type of Scholarships
Two local Government Achievement scholarships will be awarded, and two Academic Achievement scholarships.
*Local Government Achievement - Student must demonstrate outstanding citizenship through service and participation in community activities.
*Academic Achievement - Student must have a B average (cumulative) and at least a 22 ACT or 1000 SAT score.
Requirements: Students must submit:
- Completed application form.
- Statement of activities, honors and leadership, including school and community activities, and years in which you participated. Identify leadership positions or awards you received.
- Copy of high school transcript, including ACT and/or SAT scores
- Two letters of recommendation from teacherrs and /or community leaders.
- A 500-word essay: Local Government Achievement applicant- Describe a community project or event in which you participated that made an impact on your life. Academic Achievement applicant - Describe the importance of local government.
- Student must also attend at least one meeting of his or her local (the township in which the student resides) board of trustees and must submit signatures (see the application) of at least two of those officials.
To dowload an application, please click here.
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by January 28, 2020. Submit all application materials in one envelope per scholarship to: Ohio Township Association, 6500 Taylor Road, Suite A, Blacklick, OH 43004.
2020 Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth S.T.E.A.M. Scholarship
* "Art" majors eligible for the 2020 FBP Scholarship:
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
Visit http://stemdegreelist.com/stem-degree-list/ for a list of accepted S.T.E.M. related field.