Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
Southeast Region Education Book Grant Scholarship
Sponsored by the Southeast Region Executive Committee of the Ohio School Boards Association
The education book grant is presented to one or more high school seniors in the Southeast Region whose school district is a member of the Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA). The Southeast Region is committed to inspiring and encouraging capable teacher education candidates to serve the youth of Ohio. The Executive Committee of the Southeast Region sponsors this education book grant. The Executive Committee is comprised of elected school board members throughout Southeast Ohio who are interested in providing support to high school seniors who have demonstrated an interest in teaching or working with children and are attending an accredited Ohio college or university, career-technical school or technical college. The Southeast Region consists of the following counties: Athens, Belmont, Coshocton, Gallia, Guernsey, Hocking, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Perry, Pike, Scioto, Vinton and Washington.
The education book grant will be awarded annually and each recipient, along with his or her parents, will be guests of the Southeast Region at one of its two annual Spring Conferences held in March. Special recognition will be provided to each recipient’s districts, board members and students. The award has been made possible by the donations of board members active in the Southeast Region and from funds raised through region workshops and fundraising activities.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior currently enrolled in a school district in the Southeast Region of the Ohio School Boards Association and have plans to major in education or work with children at an accredited college or university, career-technical school or technical college in the state of Ohio.
- Applicant must have a 3.00 or greater grade point average (GPA).
- Proof of ACT/SAT scores
- Applicant must demonstrate potential as an educational leader and competent professional; must demonstrate community involvement and have evidence of good character.
- Demonstrated financial need will be considered in the selection process.
- Applicants in the Southeast Region of the Ohio School Board Association will be responsible for forwarding their applications and transcripts for consideration for the education book grant.
- The Southeast Region Scholarship/Book Grant Committee will review all education book grant applications and recommend recipients to the Southeast Region Executive Committee for approval. The recommendations will be forwarded to the OSBA Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors for ratification. Recipients will be contacted in writing mid-February each year.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application form can be downloaded here, or at: www.ohioschoolboards.org. Click on "Information Center"; click on "OSBA Regions"; under File Attachments, click on "Southeast Region"; click on "Southeast Region Book Grant Application".
APPLICATION FORM DEADLINE: RECEIVED OR POSTMARKED BY DECEMBER 1, 2022
ANY QUESTIONS AND ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
Paul D. Mock, Southeast Regional Manager
Ohio School Boards Association
685 East Main Street
Logan, OH 43138
2023 University of Rio Grande Jake Bapst Scholarship
Two Year Full Tuition Scholarship
- To be eligible for this 2 year, FULL tuition scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript and ACT scores.
- Submit a resume listing scholastic achievements, school and community involvement, and/or employment history.
Deadline: Completed application and resume materials should be returned to Jessica Deweese in the Admissions Office by January 13, 2023.
2023 Hagan Scholarship
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship, designed to help recipients graduate college debt free. The undergraduate scholarship is worth up to $48,000. After earning an undergraduate degree Hagan Scholars can apply for a graduate scholarship worth up to $24,000.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must attend an eligible public high school. (OHHS is eligible.)
- Must be a student in the high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a 3.50 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Must enroll at an eligible four year college or university the fall semester following high school graduation.
- Must maintain a four year graduation schedule.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to each fall semester in college.
- Applicant's Household Income reported for Federal Income Tax Purposes must not exceed $85,000.
- Must provide the FAFSA SAR showing the EFC.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants, if eligible.
- Must not have a felony conviction.
The intended recipient of a Hagan Scholarship is a high-achieving goal driven student having a genuine financial need in order to attend college.
To download the Hagan Scholarship Brochure, please click here.
The link will be removed at that time.
2023 University of Rio Grande Redstorm Scholarships
Rio Grande offers more than 300 scholarship opportunities to support students in their educational endeavors. Many of these scholarships are provided through the kindness of Alumni and Friends of the university. Students can to apply for these opportunities through the beginning of Fall semester. However, priority will be given to those students who apply before the Priority Filing Deadline. Submitting an application does not guarantee a student will receive a scholarship. A scholarship committee comprised of Rio Grande faculty and staff will review applications to determine eligibility for the scholarships available.
Priority Filing Deadline: January 15th
To apply for these Rio scholarships, please visit https://www.rio.edu/affordability-aid/financial-aid/scholarships