Category: Scholarships Scholarships
2020 Ohio Oil & Gas Energy Education/Foundation Scholarship
The Ohio Gas Association is please to offer a scholarship program to students who plan to pursue a career in the natural gas industry or related energy field. An interest in the natural gas field is suggested, although those interested in general business curricula are also invited to apply, since those majors are also applicable to the industry. Please see the list of accepted majors online or on the application information - there are over 50 majors on the list.
Minimum Applicant Criteria:
- · Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- · Must have a career goal in the crude oil and natural gas industry, or related energy field.
- · Must be an OHIO resident attending, or planning to attend an accredited OHIO college, university, technical, or trade school.
- · Must have and maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.5 or higher.
- · Completion of two-page application, signed and dated.
- · Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer or other mentor figure. Note: Recommendations from
family members are not acceptable
- · An essay consisting of no less than 250 words, and no more than 1 page in length (12 pt. font, single-spaced), detailing your career goals related to the natural gas and oil industry, and how your degree, or certificate, will help you towards your goals. Describe personal or family influences that guided you into this career path, and how you would use your education to help the natural gas and oil industry. Please also included any financial needs or special considerations.
- · Provide a resume that includes academic achievements, extracurricular activities, awards/recognitions, community service, and work history.
- · Provide current transcript
- ACT and/or SAT test scores, if applicable.
To apply for the scholarship online, please go to: www.oogeep.org
Return the completed application and attachments to the following address: Ohio Gas Association Scholarship Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Awards, P.O. Box 187, Granville, OH 43023
Deadline: The completed two-page application with attachments must be returned no later than
March 1, 2020.
Information received after this date will render the application incomplete and it will not be processed.