2020 Ohio Township Association (OTA) Scholarship
Student must be a U.S. citizen; reside in an Ohio township; and plan to attend a two or four year Ohio college or university in the fall of 2020. Students may apply for both scholarships; however, applications and accompanying materials must be submitted in two separate envelopes. Students may only be awarded one scholarship.
Type of Scholarships
Two local Government Achievement scholarships will be awarded, and two Academic Achievement scholarships.
*Local Government Achievement - Student must demonstrate outstanding citizenship through service and participation in community activities.
*Academic Achievement - Student must have a B average (cumulative) and at least a 22 ACT or 1000 SAT score.
Requirements: Students must submit:
- Completed application form.
- Statement of activities, honors and leadership, including school and community activities, and years in which you participated. Identify leadership positions or awards you received.
- Copy of high school transcript, including ACT and/or SAT scores
- Two letters of recommendation from teacherrs and /or community leaders.
- A 500-word essay: Local Government Achievement applicant- Describe a community project or event in which you participated that made an impact on your life. Academic Achievement applicant - Describe the importance of local government.
- Student must also attend at least one meeting of his or her local (the township in which the student resides) board of trustees and must submit signatures (see the application) of at least two of those officials.
To dowload an application, please click here.
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by January 28, 2020. Submit all application materials in one envelope per scholarship to: Ohio Township Association, 6500 Taylor Road, Suite A, Blacklick, OH 43004.