The following has been recommended by the OHSAA’s Joint Advisory Committee on Sports Medicine:
- Continue with the requirement for an annual Pre‐Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) ‐ every 13 months ‐ for all 7‐12 grade students.
- Recommend strongly discouraging the use of mass physicals for this upcoming school year for the benefit of public health and to recommend all students receive a PPE in a private setting.
- Strongly recommend that the physical exam be done at a medical home.
- Allow a student who has had a PPE within the last year to conduct his/her 2020‐21 PPE in person or via telehealth as long as the usual forms are filled out, signed and in the provider’s hands prior to the visit.
- OHSAA Physical Form (pdf). Complete and sign this form (with your parents if younger than 18) before your appointment.